Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Parissss

I always get friends telling me every now and then, how they would love to travel to the likes of Paris, London, Barcelona, Rome, Blah blah blah. I'm not surprise as these are cities not only with great history, cultures and food but many others ranging from its nightlife to castles.

Since I just got my laptop back after a gazillion years, I thought I might as well post some pictures from my recent trip around some of Europe finest cities.

Let's begin...




Eiffel Tower, Paris

The icon of Paris, and a century ago, they even have the thought of demolising it. By sheer luck, it was never demolish or the whole Parisians will burn the graves of those responsible for the fall of Eiffel.




Sacre Coeur, Paris

I get this view from my hostel where I stayed in the Montmartre area. Inside there, you feel a sense of holiness and God-like enlightenment that I almost thought I was part of all Gods if I had stayed in there any longer!




Chateau De Versailles
About 20km away lies one of the grandest palaces in the world. It's so grand that the word grand don't do any justice. It's not only enormous but expensive. With nearly 6000 paintings, 1500 drawings, 700 rooms and taking up 51000m^2 of floor space, it's like living on another small planet!!!!! No wonder, the whole of France was nearly bankrupt because of King Louis XIV. Walao, if I ever just bankrupt my family, my mum would disown me!! ):




Mont St Michel, Normandy

I took a lovely day trip out to Normandy, 4 hours train ride to see this UNESCO world heritage site, Mont Saint Michel. It has every bit of a castle feel with its clobbled streets in there, cemetery, a fantastic view top and now surrounded 3/4 by water. It used to be covered entirely on water, imagine those fairytale kind (: Of cos I miss out on the arc du triomphe, the latin quarter and Champ elysees )):




Louvre museum, Paris
Paintings, paintings more paintings and more more paintings!!! Mona Lisa is held here by the way and we cannot even get close to it. Maybe a person with high fever would activate its radiation system. (think National treasure).

Of cos, Paris is more than all this. With great food, number of strip clubs along montmartre area, musee d'orsay, latin quarter and champs Elysees.

(Next up, Lisbon...)

No comments:

Post a Comment